Nature

Oct. 23rd, 2026 05:12 pm
ysabetwordsmith: Cartoon of me in Wordsmith persona (Default)
[personal profile] ysabetwordsmith
Nearly 5,000 acres of North America’s grasslands are lost to farming each day

North America's grasslands are disappearing by thousands of acres a day. A new report uncovers an overlooked path toward recovery.

(no subject)

Date: 2026-10-24 01:24 am (UTC)
siliconshaman: black cat against the moon (Default)
From: [personal profile] siliconshaman
Well, I'm not an expert, but I'm fairly sure that's not sustainable.

Re: Thoughts

Date: 2026-10-24 11:17 am (UTC)
siliconshaman: black cat against the moon (Default)
From: [personal profile] siliconshaman
You know I've mentioned that, had I the time and money, I'd do a Grand Tour Roadtrip around the UK and the Americas (not just Us) ... It occurs to me that while doing that, one could pull a 'Johnny Appleseed' and seed bomb (with locally native seeds) places as you toured.

It might only be a small gesture, a middle finger 'fuck you' to capitalism, but establishing long corridors of native flora meandering hither and thither seems like a good thing to do.

Heck, it's the sort of thing anyone with access to a car and seed catalogue could do really. Just take a bag of small seed bombs and toss them to the roadside where ever you go.

Profile

ysabetwordsmith: Cartoon of me in Wordsmith persona (Default)
ysabetwordsmith

October 2026

S M T W T F S
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25262728293031

Most Popular Tags

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags